The Magic in Pixels Disney Photo Blog
The official TMIP Weblog featuring site news, tips, announcements, and an occasional Disney photo.
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Stars and Motorcars (Disney MGM Studios)




I am not really sure what it is, or why it happens, but I always get a little bit excited when I see R2-D2 coming across the walkway at the Disney MGM Studios for the Stars and Motorcars parade. Maybe it's my inner Star Wars ...well, geek... but the sight of a 3 foot tall remote control robot always seems to make my day. I grew up on the classic Star Wars Trilogy, so maybe it's a happy memory from when I was a kid. Anyway, during the parade, several Star Wars characters make a brief appearance, including R2-D2, Darth Vader, and a Studebaker that looks like a speeder, carrying Luke and Leia. A really nice touch if you ask me...

Visit The Magic in Pixels.com.
View 1,000's of Disney Theme Park Photos, read articles, participate in the TMIP Disney Photo Forum, and purchase Disney Prints for your home or office.
Permalink      Written at 8:57 AM by Tim.
2 comments     
2 Comments:
Blogger Rain said...
Wow I have not seen a Studebaker in years! Sounds like a great parade...I always leave your site with a smile on my face!

Blogger Lisa said...
As another Star Wars Geek, I totally get you! I can't wait to get to WDW, because at Disneyland, Star Tours is kinda a forgotten Attraction...nothing ever changed (excpet for the addition of Fastpass)