What is the Epcot Thing?
Epcot has always been a huge part of Nathan Rose's, (founder of Magical Mountain, FlickDirect, and Magical Definition) life. As a young child of 8 when Epoct Center first opened to the public he was in love. Upon hearing that the 25th Anniversary was coming up Nathan was beside himself with joy eagerly anticipating the events that Disney would have to celebrate. His dreams of a 25th Anniversary celebration were crushed when Disney officially announced back in January of 2007 there would not be any sort of celebration. However, this would not deter Nathan. In February 2007 Nathan along with his team at Magical Mountain and Magical Definition, along with Tim from The Magic In Pixels came up with a plan to have their own celebration, "The Epcot Thing". We invite you to join us on October 1st, 2007 in celebration of Walt Disney’s Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.
"EPCOT will take its cue from the new ideas and new technologies that are emerging from the forefront of American industry. It will be a community of tomorrow that will never be completed. It will always be showcasing and testing and demonstrating new materials and new systems." -- Walt Disney
What about those free T-Shirts I have been hearing about?
We have 50 t-shirts to be given away to the first 50 people at the event. Sponsored by Maple Leaf Tickets and Orlando Vacations.com
Attending Disney Internet Celebrities include:
Nathan Rose (Magical Mountain.net)
Tim Devine (The Magic in Pixels.com)
Jim Hill (JimHillMedia.com)
Jeff Lange (JeffLangeDVD.com)
Kendra Trahan (president, NFFC)
Ron Schneider (Orginial Dreamfinder)
Steve Barrett (HiddenMickeysGuide.com)
Mike & Julie Neal (authors, The Complete Guide to Walt Disney World)
Michael Suhrbier (ExploreTheMagic.com)
Schedule of Events
September 30th, 2007 - Pre-Meet Schedule:
* 7:30 Raglan Road Shandy Gathering (RSVP Required) - Kick off the celebration at Nathan's favorite restaurant with Magical Mountain and Shandy, of course! Starting at 7:30pm Raglan Road will be closing off a section of their resturant for us. The space can only hold about 40 people so RSVP is required.
Door prizes donated by Surplus Kingdom. Including the Main door prize of an entire Grand Floridian Resort & Spa hotel room set including a bedspread, pillowcase, tables, chairs, chest of drawers, and more!
Monday Oct 1st, 2007
* 07:30 Boardwalk Inn - This meet is designed for those who need coffee before our 9 am meet. Join us at Epcot's World Showcase entrace hotel for some joe and to walk with us to Epcot.
* 09:00 Soarin' – get fast pass, after getting fast pass go to Coffee meet inside the Land Pavilion (co-hosted by MouseMom.com)
* 09:35 Living With The Land - Join the gang on this relaxing boat ride to see how Walt Disney World experiments daily with aquaculture and desert farming.
* 10:15 Beverlyfest - Join Nathan as he tests his gastric skills!!! Watch him attempt to take 25 shots of the infamous Italian drink, Beverly. If we can get 150 people to celebrate with us, Nathan will up the ante to 50 shots!!! This is one meet NOT to be missed!
* 11:00 Explore The Wonders of Epcot - Free time. This bit of a break in the day will give everyone the opportunity to go off on their own if they please to eat and explore the wonders of Epcot.
* 01:00 A Tour of Epcot's Past - Meet at Spaceship Earth as we begin our tour of Epcot's Past with Jeff Lange. Join Jeff as he guides us through the classic Epcot attractions that are still making a big impact on all those who experience them. Included in the tour will be attractions such as "Maelstrom" and "The American Adventure".
* 04:45 Rose & Crown Dinner Meet (RSVP Required. Wait list available) - Enjoy great English fare with us at Rose & Crown. Be sure to let us know in advance if you plan on attending!!! As of right now, we have ONLY waitlist available. Make sure you send us an email if you are interest just in case someone else can't make it!!
* 08:00 Illuminations - This is a spectacular show held daily at Epcot. Why not see this wonderful presentation with all of the Magical Mountaineers? Make sure to meet us the front entrance to the Rose & Crown Pub at 7pm sharp, so we can grab all go together to find a great spot.
* TBD Adventurers Club - For the late nighters (immediately following Illuminations) For all you night owls, join us at the Adventurer's Club for some fun and "winding down" time. You may even be picked to be part of the show!
"The Epcot Thing" Official Website: http://www.magicalmountain.net/scrapbook/epcot-thing-epcot-anniversary.aspx
Visit The Magic in Pixels.com
View 1,000's of Disney Theme Park Photos, read articles, participate in the TMIP Disney Photo Forum, and purchase Disney Prints for your home or office.