The Magic in Pixels Disney Photo Blog
The official TMIP Weblog featuring site news, tips, announcements, and an occasional Disney photo.
Friday, May 26, 2006
Star Tours (Disney MGM Studios)




ATTN: LOU MONGELLO....you are to reply to this post or the Empire will be forced to demonstrate the firepower of this Imperial AT-AT walker. Well, if it's THIS Walker, you might get cool-misted to death. (Lou is a fellow self-proclaimed Stat Wars fan....)
This is the entrance to Star Tours in the Disney-MGM Studios. It seems just a little nicer than the one at Disneyland, no? Star Tours, for the 3 of you out there who don't know, is a motion simulator ride through the Star Wars universe aboard a Starspeeder 3000. Star Tours is the charter trip provider. The pilot, Rex, (voiced by Paul Reubens....yes THAT Paul Reubens) is a newbie pilot on his first flight. He screws up, as to be expected, and all kinds of commotion and hilarity ensue....

I LOVE Star Tours but....PLEASE UPDATE THE VIDEO! (none of those wonderful prequels either, although a Podrace might be cool)....

PS. CONTEST!! Can anyone find a VERY SLIGHT homage to Star Wars in this post? There is definitely one here....but you need to be a Star Wars expert to find it. First person to comment with the correct answer (what it is and why it is significant to Star Wars) will receive a 4x6 postcard print of this photo. You need to think really small....

I have received a few guesses that are not quite what I am thinking for the correct answer. It has nothing to do with the photo or any specific quotations from the movie, but rather a "style or convention" that they used in all six movies, right at the very beginning....

Visit The Magic in Pixels.com.
View 1,000's of Disney Theme Park Photos, read articles, participate in the TMIP Disney Photo Forum, and purchase Disney Prints for your home or office.
Permalink      Written at 11:35 PM by Tim.
8 comments     
8 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I love your site!! My fiancee' and I are going to WDW on our honeymoon in August. By far, your site has shown us the most pictures, now I'm more excited. By the way-you're a fantastic photographer. Thanks for taking the time to do this!! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
"But I was going into Toshi Station to pick up some power converters!" LOL

Thanks for the great shot, Tim! Check out our latest podcast, ALL about Star Wars weekends, including a ride-through, trivia, etc! Keep up the awesome work!

(Oh, and I agree about a movie update!)

Lou

Blogger Cindi said...
Great Site!
One of my most read RSS's

BTW the tribute you mention in the photo is the Ewoks Tree house in the background?

Cindi
cindi_harrington@yahoo.com

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hmmm.... is is your reference to the line by Grand Moff Tarkin where he says, "I think it is time we demonstrated the full power of this station.... Set your course for Alderaan."

Wow. I'm a geek.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Fantastic photos!!

The answer is would be the (4) periods at the end....

I'm headed to Disney World in July and you're site has given me some great ideas for photos that I would love to capture.

Blogger Tim said...
Brett, that is correct. The four dots .... are what end every opening crawl of the Star Wars movies. Send me an email with your mailing address and I will send you a 4x6 postcard print of this photo.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey all! I wish I'd seen this contest while it was still ongoing. Nice homage with the four-period ellipses at the end of the paragraphs. BUT, because I just have to be a super-uber nitpicker geek, one film broke the four-ellipse tradition and had a regular three-dot ellipse at the end of the opening crawl. That film was Return of the Jedi (1983).

Anonymous Anonymous said...
P.S. I knew something didn't look quite right when I re-read my previous post; the term is not 'ellipse', but 'ellipsis'. Still, considering I've had no call to use that grammatical terminology since learning it in school a quarter of a century ago, I think I got it pretty darn close.

Lex