The Magic in Pixels Disney Photo Blog
The official TMIP Weblog featuring site news, tips, announcements, and an occasional Disney photo.
Friday, April 28, 2006
Cinderella's Castle



Are you kidding me? It took me almost a YEAR to post a night time photo of Cinderella's Castle in the Magic Kingdom? Simply put folks, if you "get it" when it comes to Disney World, this is as good as it gets. Simply beautiful, simply stunning. If you don't "get it", this is as bad as it gets...getting excited about a fake castle in the middle of Florida.

I happen to think I "get it" and absolutely love the time I get to spend photographing this beautiful structure, all decked out in every changing stage lights. I have been hooked ever since my 1st trip when I was 8 years old, and being able to see things like this are the reason why. I KNOW it's fiberglass and steel; I KNOW it's only a facade over a show building; I KNOW it's only about 1/2 as tall as it appears due to forced perspective (a technique in which the Imagineers built the 1st floor 100% to scale and then gradually reduced the scale of the upper floors, making it look much taller than it is); but I don't care. To me, this is fun and wonderful and that's all that matters.

Visit The Magic in Pixels.com.
View 1,000's of Disney Theme Park Photos, read articles, participate in the TMIP Disney Photo Forum, and purchase Disney Prints for your home or office.
Permalink      Written at 12:30 PM by Tim.
2 comments     
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
You hit it right on the head there - you either get Disney or you don't. It's a place for fun and whimsey.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I was on the bus one night going back to my car when a Photopass girl started complaining about her day.. "I have to spend all day standing in front of a fiberglass castle.."

It bothered me for a long time that she'd said that. Even though I've been up, down, around, in and under that castle, it isn't fiberglass, it isn't forced perspective, it is Cinderella's Castle, it is magic, and that hasn't changed since I was 5. Thanks for the amazing picture, I am sharing it right now with my 2 year old son, who also thinks it is magic.